In December 1934 the then headmaster Rupert Wilmot Jackson made his contribution to the first ever issue of The Thornburian Magazine. It was also to be his last as the headmaster already knew that he was soon to leave. The magazine was produced by senior pupils and was part of the new modern ethos of the school which reflected the new modern building they had recently moved into. The magazine was intended to be supported by advertising but the newly formed Old Thornburian Society had generously offered to pay UP TO five pounds to meet any shortfall in funding. In the last few years of its publication the name of the magazine was changed to ‘Thorns’.
Please click on the links below to read the issues.